• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M123 and M125 10-tons

moose97

Can someone direct me to info on these beasts? I've only seen one M123 for sale (in my limited time here) - are they pretty rare? Value? Oshkosh has some of the newer heavy trucks (8, 14, 20 and 22.5 ton tractors), but none of the older ones, which look way better than the new. I'd love to learn all I can about them so have good info when I win the lottery and can afford one rofl... Thanks!

KsM715

Give it time. These trucks are not everyday trucks like the deuces and 5 tons. There are members here that have and have owned them. They may not log on every day though.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I searched for "M123A1C" and came up with 99 hits here on this site??? Lots of info here and on the web.

moose97

Thanks for the links! I realize that they are very impractical, but isn't that half the point? And yeah, shows would be the only thing I would use one for.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There are two for sale near me. They belong to my scrapper buddy but so far he as resisted the urge to send them to China.

The big issue on these trucks is weight (around 32,000 depending on configuration)......you can buy them for a little over scrap value but moving them any distance will set you back a chunk of change.

Driving them is also a challenge......the gassers get about 2 miles per gallon and the diesels prob aren't much better......top speed is around 45 MPH downhill with a 50 MPH tailwind.

moose97

There are two for sale near me. They belong to my scrapper buddy but so far he as resisted the urge to send them to China.
Any idea what he wants for them? Condition? You're in Alabama, so that leads to:

The big issue on these trucks is weight (around 32,000 depending on configuration)......you can buy them for a little over scrap value but moving them any distance will set you back a chunk of change.
Yeah. Shipping a 10-ton 1300 miles just sounds expensive.

Driving them is also a challenge......the gassers get about 2 miles per gallon and the diesels prob aren't much better......top speed is around 45 MPH downhill with a 50 MPH tailwind.
Well, I did say I'd be interested after I win the lottery (of course, I should really start playing if I plan on winning any time soon...) - that way, who cares about fuel cost?

emr

Just sayin, You are hoping to win the lottery, but you are not playing the lottery, And want to know all about these trucks because you will buy one once you win the lottery you are not playing, And when all the info you want hits, you remind them its only a pipe dream :) Interesting post :) LOL...

moose97

Just sayin, You are hoping to win the lottery, but you are not playing the lottery, And want to know all about these trucks because you will buy one once you win the lottery you are not playing, And when all the info you want hits, you remind them its only a pipe dream :) Interesting post :) LOL...
What's wrong with expanding the knowledge base? Yeah, I can't afford one now (or anytime soon in my current position), but I'm all about big trucks - the bigger the better. When my wife suggested I get a "play" truck to fix up, I quickly was shot down on a deuce or 5 ton until we move outside of town (about 7-10 years), but still got a bigger pickup (okay, it's not a pickup, it's a 2 and a half ton grain truck with dump) than she expected:

5L25O35F83Me3F53N4c7t303bfd2c6e151aa0.jpg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is probably more info on the 10 tons here than anywhere except maybe the TMs. If you utilize the search engine and read every thread, your knowledge would be vast. You will also be well versed on the site and its functions.

moose97

You can park that butt ugly truck in town but not a deuce or 5 ton??????:cookoo:
As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Besides, the IHC fits (barely) in my garage, while a deuce or 5 ton wouldn't even be close.

Edit - here it is in the garage, and a pic of what I plan on having it look like when restoration is done:

Attachments

Last edited:

Mack Attack

Banned
Holy drugs and alcohol ! What ya want to know ? There big obsolete and about worthless ! Unless you want to buy one than they are super expensive. I got love crusher steel. The gas engine makes the most power the diesel loves to rev but blows up. LeRoi 844 V8 gas makes 297hp amd 725tq as where the Cummins V300 diesel makes 300hp and 580tq yep its weaker. Both tapped out at 40mph yea it crank up to 45mph but if the 50year old tires don't blow out the engine will blow up. Now one could swap the gas engine into the diesel truck and have one slow moving hard pulling beast, or put the diesel into a gasser truck and have one doggy puke of a truck that hit record speeds for a 10ton.The gasser had 9.02:1 ratio and the diesel had 10.11:1 ratio and NO there wasn't an Over Drive. Now what about hot-rodding the diesel ? Ha ! The V300 was a marine engine known as the V210 its already hot rodded they took a 2100rpm and jacked to 300hp@3000rpm sure ya can rap it to 3300rpm but only so many times and the whole thing comes unglued BOOM ! Best thing to do is get the 9.02 ratio truck pull the gasser swap a VT370 in its place swap a 9spd-OD behind that swap the duel 14.00-24s for singled 16.00R24 radial road grader tires forget about all wheel drive and happy running 45-50mph . . . They make great museum pieces and scrap steel ;-)

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Huh? The M123A1C does not have a V300 Cummins engine in it.

Edit: This statement is not correct

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks