• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 and M104 in Canadian Service

swordmd

Here are some pics of G749's at the Park at Camp Wainwright, Canada. Many G749,s lost there lives at Wainwright on the Gun Ranges and many are still out there. Help save them!IMG_NEW.jpgIMG_0001.jpgIMG_0002_NEW.jpg

oboyjohn

Good morning everyone. I am not too sure of when the M135 started in the Forces but when I joined up in 1984, my service battalion still was using one as a " flying kitchen " as it was called. I also rode in the back of one when we were first issued our uniforms at the supply depot. I found a link on a Canadian collectors site that talks about the different variations It can be found at:

http://militarytrucks.ca/m135.htm

The M104 trailer was developed in tandem as the M135 in the 1950's to replace the aging WW2 fleet of trucks. Here is a link for the trailer info:

http://olive-drab.com/idphoto/id_photos_m104_trailer.php

Sorry, I do not have an exact date when these pieces were put into service, but I hope the links help.

Cheers from Canada!

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They entered service about 1952 and were still used in the Militia units until the late 80s. Almost all of them were made in Canada and had the auto trans. I have only heard of a very few with manual transmissions and almost all of them were the fuel or water hauling trucks. Eddy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks