• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 brakes, Has this happened to you????

n1bnc

Hi All,

My truck is in the shop for sticking brakes. Symptoms were: come to a stop and then take the foot off the brakes and hit the gas and not move, eventually ended up putting into low range to get the beast out of the awkward intersection. I suspected that the brake lines, being on the aged side, had started to swell internally and had not allowed the brake fluid to return to the master cylinder. Hence I purchased a bunch of rubber lines from Memphis and dropped them off with the truck to have them swapped out.

Here's the rub, none of the rubber brake lines were replaced, however the mechanic managed to blow a steel line to the left rear,rear. allegedly to rust or whatever as he was attempting to bleed the system. So as a result, the pedal went to the floor. Now he has replaced the brake line and bled the system and now the brakes don't stick. He suggests that the master cylinder had a ridge in the cylinder and as a result of the full travel of the brake pedal, the ridge has been reduced and is now allowing the piston to return to full rest position.

Although I am interested in not spending money on repairs that are not needed, I would like to feel comfort in knowing that when I take my foot off the brake, I can actually leave an intersection.

Comments??

Btw, I have a manifold set available to those who are interested. Naturally, there is nothing wrong with the intake, but the exhaust has a good size crack going around 270° to the back 2 cylinders. If you want it, give me a heads up.

williamh

your truck also has the locking solnoid for the brakes .. it may be sticking ?!? i have never had that problem .. i have had the no pressure problem ..

kirk

My M135 would keep the brakes locked after pressing the brake pedal. I replaced every moving part in the brake system.The brakes still stayed locked.Then I took the new! master cylinder apart and found something blocking a very small passage that lets the brake fluid flow back into the master cylinder when the brakes are released. It is in the bore of the master cylinder just ahead of the piston. I can still feel a lag of about 2 seconds when I step off the brake until they release. I can live with that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks