• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 modifications

Heath_h49008

I did some searching and couldn't see anyone having done it, or found a reason it wouldn't work... so here goes...

Is there any reason we couldn't graft the tongue of an M200 series trailer onto an M146 and shift the axles to better balance tongue wt?

The goal being to allow the M146 to be pulled with a pintle without a dolly, making backing up and such easier.

I know next to nothing about trailers beyond haywagons and standard OTR trailers behind Freightliners, so feel free to tell me I'm nuts or stupid.

Heath_h49008

That's too easy. lol

Seriously, just to eliminate the complication of the dolly, it would seem to make sense. I figured some of the guys who got good deals on M146s would have done it just to sell them to deuce owners as campers/shops. Unless there is some reason I don't know about why it won't work... (Hence the question.)

RAYZER

The m146's bogie suspension is removable,but not relocatable foward without some major fabrication, i suppose there could be a dropped tong welded to the fifth wheel plate.....but imho that would look weird and makes me sad to think someone(not saying you) would do that to what has to be one of the better lookingl trailers the military ever used.

However, if the suspension were to be removed and then set the box on a container trailer that has a lunet, that might work!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks