• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151A1 and A2 lug studs - interchangable?

Krempely

Simpson 5M9
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a '64 M151. The lug studs are the larger M151A2. Is it possible to knock out the A2 studs and replace them with A1 studs?

Also, previous owner torched the A1 stud out of the spare tire carrier. I have a spare A1 lug to "fix" that little problem.

Thanks,

Krempely

65 m151a1

I have a '64 M151. The lug studs are the larger M151A2. Is it possible to knock out the A2 studs and replace them with A1 studs?

Also, previous owner torched the A1 stud out of the spare tire carrier. I have a spare A1 lug to "fix" that little problem.

Thanks,

Krempely
The answer is yes and the stud shanks are the same size unless he perivouse owner used civilian studs and had to redrill the hub flang lager. Just knock one out and install th M151 / A1 stud and if it is a good tight fit then should be okay on the rest.

On the spare tire mount use a hex or a carriage head bolt not a stud with the same size and thread pitch as the A1 lug nut . The bolt was welded on the back side and on the front side is tacked in I think.

Later Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks