• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151A2 MERDC Paint Source

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to paint my newly acquired 1979 M151A2 TOW in the proper MERDC CAMO colors it currently has on it. It appears to be Summer Verdant. Gillespie makes two of the colors. I can't find anyone that sells the other military colors. I did find that Skygeek, an aircraft supplier, sells paint in the colors of FS34151 and FS37038, that Gillespie doesn't make. I'm not really concerned about the FS37038 black, but I do wonder if the FS34151 Interior Green will work since it is a Zinc Chromate primer for aircraft and not really a paint. Any ideas or experience with the Zinc Chromate primer for use in MERDC Summer Verdant Camo? I'm also wondering what the base coat for MERDC Summer Verdant should be.

Dark Green
FS34079
ANA631-MERDC FG
Source: Gillespie

Interior Green
FS34151 / TT-P-1757
ANA 611-MERDC LG
Source: Unknown (Orr-lac 342 Green TT-P-1757 Spec Zinc Chromate Aircraft Primer may work)

NATO Sand
FS30277
MERDC S
Source: Gillespie

Navy #3 Black
FS37038
ANA 604-MERDC BL
Source: Unknown (Skilcraft 01D4-390 SO Sure FS37038 Flat Black General-Purpose Enamel may work)

lpcoating

Supporting Vendor
I'd be very careful using different paint manufacturers. If you have to, make sure they are compatible with each other. I know in the industrial world if you do this they will not guarantee anything if there is an issue with paint adhesion.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks