• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M2 HST Cletrac - the two that followed me home...

Hiya guys - I figured I would toss these in here since that seems to be the closest spot...

I just aquired two MG-1's (M2 HST) a 1942 and a 1943... I am looking for the impossible - the rear air compressor and fender mounted genset both of which are PTO driven...

Both of these tractors will be restored and I wuld love to be able to make both complete - for now I am just sorting through all the parts that came with the pair (more parts will trickle in as found at the previous owners property)...

Anyhow I will document how things progress but am working on finishing up my M543a2 prior to starting on one of these...

Matt

Any assistance with parts sourcing and donor vehicles is greatly appreciated - thanks!

Attachments

Ah yes - I forgot to add that the one with the grill guard on it is actually a movie star - was used in the late 1970's film "From Here to Eternity" - finally got a copy on something other that VHS and am making my way through it - all 295min of it :wink:

srodocker

You went to brads! you took what i wanted too hehe. did you ever make it to our rallys? i have to meet up with you sometime and take a look at your trucks.

WarrenD

Have you tried contacting the Historical Construction Equipment Association? They have some members interested in military stuff and it's possible that civi stuff might be compatible.

You went to brads! you took what i wanted too hehe. did you ever make it to our rallys? i have to meet up with you sometime and take a look at your trucks.

Ha Ha - yep; He wanted to sell both and all the spares. I have been working on it for a while... We've known each other for about 12 years now... My girlfriend sealed the deal though :D - they are pretty rad christmas presents from her!

Matt

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'm so jealous-congratulations. The Cletracs and the Clarke Airborne dozers are so cool.

I'm so jealous-congratulations. The Cletracs and the Clarke Airborne dozers are so cool.

Thanks! - It was a toss up with the girlfriend over the Cletracs and starting a weasel project - I figured the Cletracs had more gut pull for my first tracked vehicle - and I am intending to do a complete frame up resto so they will be nice pieces when done...

Then it's weasel time!

Matt

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like its going to be a very interesting project and no need to mention just how cool they are going to be when completed, Heck they are already pretty darned cool, congrats on the purchase and PLEASE keep the pics coming as the restoration comences!
KK

Just like everything else I have - I like the history and the story behind them; they will definitely be out and about... And rides will certainly be in order...

The plan is to get the green one running as is and then go after the one on the trailer for a full resto first...

I will be sure to keep eveyone posted on progress - just gotta finish the wrecker first!

Matt

srodocker

hey wanderwilly we have a rally on the 12th out in graham if you think you want to come. going to be putting a engine in a deuce if you want to come and talk trucks

AaronW

Matt, Congrats on the purchase! I'm glad you got em before the elements or the scrappers did! Funny thing. On a trip to Europe this past Fall I took a tour here.

Wildenberg (Just so happens to be my Last Name. HAD to go!)

The owner, David, also has a couple Cletracs in restoration. He is looking for and/or has found some of the same parts you are after. I actually mentioned these two units to him. He expressed a fair amount of interest. Might want to ring him up for parts info.

I have pics of his tractors if you want them....I may just post them here if you want me to.

Yep, looked like Brad's barn to me, as well. You son of a....

That's it, you are from here on out, required to be at all future PNW rally gatherings. If not, we WILL come find you. And don't think we won't just resort to driving around until we find a drop side deuce, and wrecker, and two tracked vehicles undergoing restores if we have to.

Oh yes, we are that kind of group.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks