• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211's Alive!!

SturmTyger380

I was hoping to get the M211 started before the holidays but things just did not work out. It took longer to get things done that I thought.

I had to look into a bunch of stuff and I am glad I did. I started with changing the engine oil then the transmission oil. I pulled the carburetor and rebuilt that. Took the air cleaner off and totally cleaned it.

I went through the distributor and cleaned the points but as you see I had to change out the points and the condenser before she would start.

Take a look and tell me what you think about how it runs without a muffler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGsjMujX2tA

Alan

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
She purrs. You're so good at the video's would you be so kind to get a good audio of the starter turning and what it sounds like when she fires.:|
Congratulations!

You'll notice a difference once the exhaust is bolted on. Mine behaved just like yours before the muffler was replaced. The first and second time you throttled it all 6 were banging and the response was immediate. Then, unless you're hard on the throttle blowin out the typical chevy excess fuel, they want to sputter a little. Back pressure must be the key but you'll be even happier once you're piped.

We also found some arching under the distributor cap and it seemed to change spark output or timing. The 'Primary Circuit Capacitor' (0.25 to 0.35 mfd) wire comes in the front (12) and past the active part of the points on it's way to the 'Primary Circuit Resistor' (left of coil). This wire can rub the points over time and is hard to spot on the bottom of the wire. Could have been mine only but it's worth noting.

Over-all she sounds beautiful except, I can hear that #3 exhaust lifter needs some adjustment. Thanks for the video.

Stan Leschert

Sounds good. You may have a little valve noise, but run it a bit and see if it quiets down. If not, pop the cover and adjust as per the TM. If the fuel pump is FUBAR ed, I covered that in a previous post, so just search my posts, and it is explained. Butch did a better job of it than I. I think that there is still a pump rebuild kit on Egay, out of Texas.

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our "Group" owns an M-220 van and we've been working on it since the holidays. It finally came to life and moved under its own power. Has new brake cyliners some lines and other stuff, is getting a new water pump and radiator. We're returning it to operation as a mobile office for the group for our events and such. Nice trucks, good luck with yours.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks