• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m322 caution

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
On the m322 heavy equipment trailer, the landing legs are three pieces, the top, the crank down, and the drop down, the drop down WILL drop out of the center section if the lock is released while up in the air and not secured by something, if a toe is under the third section, or a hand moving a block around to be put under the landing lags, WILL BE badly hurt, more likely broke, on the 322 I have here at the AO I welded a piece of 5/16" chain from the foot of the drop down to the lower weld on the center section as a safety.

Another 322 item is the drop down latch pin, DO NOT let this freeze, if it does the pin gets cut with a THIN cut off disc in order to get things apart, the pin is welded in place, the other side of the fork DOES NOT have a straight though hole but rather a pin pocket, you have to drill out the welded side of the fork which is soft BUT the pin is HARD (fun). I drilled out BOTH sides of the fork and then used a long shank grade 8 bolt/nut , this way if needed I can drive out the hinge pin.

You CAN NOT repeat CAN NOT drive out the pin , all that you will accomplish is bending/breaking the fork and still not get things apart to fix the latch as well now you have to fix the fork on top of everything else..

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks