• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M332 landing gear/kick stand

Firehound

First off, I suppose I should have dug up the TM... (is there one for the M332??!)

My landing gear seems tweaked.. it swings and locks down, but it can't turn, or lock in the "full up" position. Is there a solution besides replacing? Is the frame itself FUBAR'd??

(Do you need more/better pics? What angle?)

Attachments

Scrounger

There is a tapered shaft that is under the nut and lubed from the grease fitting in picture one. The landing gear must be straight when raised for the locking pins to seat in their respective holes for the gear to stay locked up. Penetrating oil and time are your friends in situations like this. I would start by removing the aforementioned nut then soaking the top of the shaft with penetrating oil. Do that for a couple of days. It wouldn’t hurt to hit the housing by the grease fitting with a hammer to shock things. After a couple of days try to rotate the gear side to side. Once it is free make sure to grease it up to prevent a repeat of the fun.

Last edited:

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Raise the front of trailer up enough for the landing gear to hang without touching the ground then whack the bejeebers out of top of the landing gear in front of handle with a large hammer and a block of wood. It should eventually drop out of the hole.

fasttruck

Lotsa oil. With the leg down you can introduce GO through the 2 small holes above the springs. If it is up: soak it by oiling the two shafts or handle sides that go into the frame thatb locksm it up. These legs are also found on M105 and M200 trailers and all are neglected by the military when it comes to lubrication.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks