• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M342a2 dump question

ncduece

I JUST STARTED MESSING AROUND WITH THIS TRUCK. THE question i have is about the pto operation its got a duel output pto on it but theres no linkage to engage/ disengage it. this makes the hydraulic pump run the whole time. is this how its supposed to be? I would think you should be able to disengage it. I cant find any where in the cab that would have had a lever coming out of it (floor board) truck seem to be original.i don't wont to damage something by driving it. im on dialup so i cant download the manual.what would be the tm number for it?

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM 9-2320-209-10-1 is the operator's manual which will give you the basic operation instructions.

The dump body control lever (behind driver's seat on left side) engages the pto *AND* operates the raise and lower function. You do not have to engage the pto separately. If the pump is running continuously, your linkage may not be adjusted correctly, or the dump body control lever is not in the fully rearward position.

Dump Body control lever.jpg

If you like, you can send me a pm with your phone number and I will be glad to talk you through it.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a FYI, SECO in Augusta has 3 M342 parts trucks if you are missing parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks