• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M348 Semi Trailer - Part Needed - HELP!

Miltrucks

I purchased this at a private auction, but it had to set for about 2 months before the owner had it cleaned out for me to move. During that time, somebody stole a part off of it that I think it going to be difficult to locate.

The rear of this trailer has 2 swing open doors. Supposed to be down the middle is a brace that bolted to the top and floor to secure the doors in their latched position. This brace could be removed to allow the loading of pallets / etc. It should be about 7' tall and several inches thick - made of aluminum.

The thieves - in stealing something else in another trailer I had backed up to this one, took this out so that they could unload items from the other trailer and then use the width of the doors to get the items out to the ground (a nice set of aluminum 17' ramps that I also bought at the auction). It appears that they stole this brace as well after they were done - probably for scrap, because it can't be found anywhere on the auction grounds.

This trailer is a bit useless to me without being able to secure the rear doors and keep out the elements. Going to be a hard part to fab, but can be done if necessary.

Hoping that the group here may have seen one of these things in a junkyard somewhere, or might have a source that may have the part needed.

Picture of the missing bracket is included.

I would appreaciate any help or leads that might be out there!

Thanks,

Eric. (aka Miltrucks)

Miltrucks

Lance - appreciate the help! If you can grab one, I'll pay you whatever you can get it for + some $$ for your time and effort. Planning on restoring the trailer for personal use and original parts are always the best.

Thanks!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eric, if that doesn't pan out I have 2 other suggestions. Wayne Harris wharris19@hotmail.com has some M348 and M373 trailers he stores stuff in. He might part with one. John Winslow in the Halifax NC had a bunch of parts trailers on his property as well. I know he had several expandibles but don't recall if he had and 348373 trailers. Whatcha gonna do with the 348? Also, did you ever sell the M48(A2)?

Miltrucks

Thanks for the input Kenny. Just sent Wayne a message. According to Jeff, it doesn't look like John has any......

Decided to end up keeping the M48A2 for personal use. Acquiring a couple different types of trailers to work with it. One is the 348, I have one of the expandibles. I got rid of my 40' data center van - too much weight loaded for the deuce tractor. Have sold most of the trucks that I had left in the collection. Keeping back a couple of them for just personal use.

Just about finished with the build of one of the expandible trailer chassis' into a flatbed trailer with a dovetail and fold down ramps for hauling vehicles and the like. Can use the rear winch on the tractor to drag things up on ie :) Can post some pics of it when completed. It is turning out very nice. Used a section of a deuce frame to build the dovetail.

Jeff - if I come across more than one of these door inserts, will definately let you know.

The 348 will get painted up to match the tractor (383) and will be used for basic hauling purposes.

If anyone else has any potential sources for this part - would love to hear about them!

Thanks,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks