• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 beds

dilligaf13

I looking at bobbing my deuce. Are there any other uses for the original M35 bed than scrapping it. What does everybody do with the M105 trailer after you pull the bed off of it? Thanks for the help.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard. I don't know what kind of facilities you have but if you need the bed lifted off, bring it by and I can do it with my deuce wrecker. I'm in Lox along with Troll and Darkstar. I might be interested in at least the trailer chassis if not both.

RIDDLE1

If you were not so far away I would love to pick up the bed and trailer. I am planning on making a trailer like ODDBALL made out of the two trailer and one M35 bed.

Dave08

Welcome to the club. I am in Titusville and I have two M109A3s. Since they did not come with beds and have a box instead, I am using the M105 Trailer for the bed on my projects. However, there is a lot that you can do with the bed. For one, use the bed for the new Bobbed bed. You can cut the bed down and use it. Do a search on Apopka and look how he did his quad cab. He used the original bed but just cut it down on his A3. If you are set on using the M105 Trailer, then you can advertise the bed for someone who is looking to buy. Please do not scrap the bed as it can be given away, traded, sold, or used. These parts are getting harder to get a hold of and scrapping them prior to trying to use them or sell them does not make sense. If you are ever in Titusville; give me a shout. Good luck!

Dave08

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy.:cookoo::cookoo:

Watch out for that Recovery 4X4 guy.......he ain't right.:razz:

If you ain't careful he'll load you up and haul you to the GA Rally in Oct.

Haha! This clown has known me for most of the last decade and all of this one and he still can't spell recovry4x4 right. Man, I tell ya!!!!

Loco_Hosa

I wish you were not so far away also! I am wanting to get started on a project of combining two trailers and one deuce bed into the greatest utility trailer EVER!

Unless your bed is damaged or useless then I second not scrapping it, there are lots of folks who will buy it from you!

pand9

Are there any other uses for the original M35 bed than scrapping it.
Of course there are.
Excellent reason for the purchase of. plasma cutter, multiprocess welder, wire feeder etc. All can be used to create somthing new out of that old bed. If you already have these i'm sure that you can think of somthing else that you wil "need" .

dilligaf13

Thanks. I'm actually planning on turning the M105 into a lillte flat bed utility trailer. A may swap in a trailer axle in the future for electric brakes but for now I'm going to run the military axle.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
It depends on the condition of the bed. If it is in good shape, it could easily replace the one on my truck...especially if it is a dropside.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks