• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Cargo Cover Question

Privatewrench

Hello everyone,
The question I have is how do you keep your cargo cover from rubbing up against the headache rack bolts thus creating holes in the cover? The bolt heads on the inside are of carriage style. While the other side is exposed bolt threads and nut.
I took a couple old belts (keep your pants up kind) and zipped tied them on posts, covering the bolts. It was a temp fix at the time, but works perfect, so i haven't changed it. Keeps thecover from rubbing on bolts.

18operator

I took a couple old belts (keep your pants up kind) and zipped tied them on posts, covering the bolts. It was a temp fix at the time, but works perfect, so i haven't changed it. Keeps the cover from rubbing on bolts.
Thanks. I do have some old pieces of conveyor belts laying around somewhere. It is about the same thickness as a clothing belt.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would use a cut off wheel and remove the excess threads down to the nut.

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello everyone,
The question I have is how do you keep your cargo cover from rubbing up against the headache rack bolts thus creating holes in the cover? The bolt heads on the inside are of carriage style. While the other side is exposed bolt threads and nut.

Right now I am using acorn nuts for a quick fix but eventually intend to go to a 'T' nut (the kind without prongs).
Might have to oversize the holes in the metal but should completely eliminate any chance of rubbing after
grinding off bolt's excess thread.

Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks