• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35 tail gate

daniel17319

My tail gate on my deuce is severely bent . I know how to know a few dents here and there on a normal car but we are talking some heavy gauge stuff. I have acess to aa 60 ton shop press. I dont have a torch and cant use one were the shop press is. Im thinking i might be able to heat certain portions with a propane burner. The press is on post so there are regs against welding welders in the shop

My question is is it repairable Im not interested in using bondo is it possible i could straighten it out useing the press and have some portions re welded at least to it opens and closes. The hinges are all buggered up. There are some other dents and stuff on it as well.

Your ideas and thoughts would be appreciated...

DieselBob

You might want to post a classified in the "Parts Wanted" section and see if you could pickup a good used gate. Sounds like yours needs a little more than just some TLC.

3dAngus

One just sold for $100 last month in the classifieds. You can't work one that cheaply.
DieselBob is pointint you in the right direction. Someone who Bobs a deuce won't need the bed.

212sparky

Heck you can find drop side beds for around 550. My truck was in an accident in June and i am just replacing my whole bed. I figure my hourly rate is $100, it would take about 8 hours for me to fix it plus material so a new bed made sense for me, and my damage was not that bad.

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know where you are in Tx, but for what it's worth, Jack's in Tucson [ check him on GoogleEarth @ 32° 8'56.09"N 110°52'53.87"W] has stacks of beds in one of his yards, among other things. (520) 574-0300

steelandcanvas

Remove it from the truck, put it on a hard, flat surface, and make a few passes over it with the Deuce. Have someone spot you so you can straighten just what needs to be.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks