• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 air pack

ToddJK

Is there two different type or air packs on the M35s? the new one that I got from Eastern Surplus is different than the one on my 1968 KAISER-JEEP M35A2W/W!
That Crazy guy is right!😆
But in all seriousness, there is a long version and short version. I'm pretty sure the older trucks or at least from what I've seen, the Kaisers usually had the long one. Don't discard it though! The long versions are typically easier to find the rebuild kits for and it's worth rebuilding or selling it so someone else can rebuild it.

wiggall

That Crazy guy is right!😆
But in all seriousness, there is a long version and short version. I'm pretty sure the older trucks or at least from what I've seen, the Kaisers usually had the long one. Don't discard it though! The long versions are typically easier to find the rebuild kits for and it's worth rebuilding or selling it so someone else can rebuild it.
Thanks I have the short one!

rustystud

In my experience I've found the long ones on the old 5 tons and the short ones on the Deuce's, there are also older ones that run oil in them, there is literally a fill and drain plug iirc
The 5 ton has it's own Air-Pack. The long style for the Deuce has a hole to add special oil, but it is only a few drops monthly. Most people don't add the "special" military oil as it is very expensive. I spent over $200.00 for a gallon of the stuff a few years back. Now there are some companies that sell just quarts, but again expensive. All it is really, is high temp hydraulic oil mainly used in aircraft hydraulics. It has some real extreme anti-corrosion properties though besides the high temp ability. I've used a good "silicone" based grease/oil in mine for years with no problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks