• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 air warning buzzer

Sumoman

My wife will love that.. Drura drura dura durummmmmmmmmmm BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
:twisted:

oilcan

Jump out of the truck and do a walk-around while the buzzer is doing it's thing. You won't have to listen to it, and you'll know there aren't any flat tires and stuff like that.

Lex_Ordo

Generally, I gIve the start button a push, and then hop out, pull the wheel chock and do a quick go around. By the time I'm done with that, and gone back into the house to grab my gear, not only the buzzer has stopped, but he truck is warmed up so I can leave.

But right around 60 psi, the buzzer will shutoff. Just a few minutes.

Jake0147

Fify seconds that seems like an eternity if you sit there and listen to it...:-D
I wait for the oil pressure gauge to come up, then flip the master switch off, then do a final walk-around and bulb check. It's usually done by the time I'm done.

Jake0147

It hasn't blown up yet, but if it's gonna then I'm all ears...

The charging lead from the alternator to the batteries, as well as the ground circuit for the alternator don't go through the master switch, so the "juice" has some place to go. It could possibly turn off a sensing voltage and cause it to charge at full rate. If it were "full fielded" in this way it should not an issue for a short time... but it could be a big issue if you were to walk away for some time.
I'm prolly going to have to resort to the manual on that now that you say this. If that's not conclusive I might have to dig the multi-meter out and poke around some...

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could always add an air stem and pre-charge your tanks if you have an air compressor at home. Would also save some wear and tear on your truck's compressor along with it being dryer air.

kurtkds

I had wired up a "silence" button a while back. I'll have to draw up a diagram for it. It functions in a manner that the light and buzzer come on with low air then you press the button which silences the buzzer but allows the light to stay on. It stays in the "silence" mode till air pressure builds up to over approx 60 psi. when the buzzer would normally shut off then resets back to "normal" mode. Pretty nice add on and cheap too.

SasquatchSanta

It hasn't blown up yet, but if it's gonna then I'm all ears...

The charging lead from the alternator to the batteries, as well as the ground circuit for the alternator don't go through the master switch, so the "juice" has some place to go. It could possibly turn off a sensing voltage and cause it to charge at full rate. If it were "full fielded" in this way it should not an issue for a short time... but it could be a big issue if you were to walk away for some time.
I'm prolly going to have to resort to the manual on that now that you say this. If that's not conclusive I might have to dig the multi-meter out and poke around some...
I'm not saying that it "is" a problem --- I just don't know. I remember when I installed the battery isolator switch on my cruiser the instructions warned about switching/selecting batteries when the engine is running because it could cause alternator damage. I wasn't sure whether the same applied to a Deuce or not.

jim-m35a2

Fify seconds that seems like an eternity if you sit there and listen to it...:-D
I wait for the oil pressure gauge to come up, then flip the master switch off, then do a final walk-around and bulb check. It's usually done by the time I'm done.
How do you check your bulbs with the master switch turned off? What am I missing? Maybe I am old fashioned but I like the sound of the buzzer.

Jim
________
XDRIVE

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The light switch work independently of the accessory switch, so you can operate your lights without the engine running.

To be different I installed a device (a turn signal flasher) that interrupts the buzzer, so that it goes beep....beep...beep...etc, a much more tolerable sound. The turn signals are also wired into the buzzer to buzz when used....

Edit: Added images.

Attachments

Last edited:

FormerNewMVGuy

I leave the master switch on!............... When you turn the master switch off, the intank pump no longer runs. So then the supply pump on the IP is doing double duty to suck the fuel all that way from the fuel tank. My2cents, But i dont think that turning the switch off is a good idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks