• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Fuel Tank

Lex_Ordo

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a New, Old Stock M35A2 Fuel Tank?
Mine seems to have a pin hole leak in the bottom by the front strap. It will do for now but I will need to replace it soon.

I was told that the bracket inside the the tank that holds the pump tends to rust, and I did find pieces of rust in the tank when I picked it up.
Do new tanks come with the bracket to hold the fuel pump? Or is it just the one piece that bolts on top of the tank that carries the pump?

Is this also something that I should replace along with the tank?

:?:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any rust in the fuel system can cause problems with metal-to-metal seals within the injection pump, so be aware, I know from experience.
The micron sized particles will not be stopped by the filters and will score or jam vital parts.

Have the tank professionally cleaned and/or recoated on the inside and yes, the fuel pump support will rust if kept out of the fuel for a longer period of time.

Lex_Ordo

I suspect that my truck sat for long periods of time with out much fuel in the tank since it was a Guard unit's truck. Probably wasn't fueled unless it was being prepared for a mission.

Mechanically it is great, it was well maintained, but I think that the long periods of non-use caused things like the tank, and the fuel pump bracket inside to decay a bit.

Nothing a New tank and bracket won't fix. My fuel pump works fine so I doubt it will require any replacement, but finding the tank is the challenge.

M725

With a new tank you will need all the old stuff out of the old tank. The Guard must keep there trucks full at all times in case of emergency, weather or other.

jbayer

(904) 325-4917, Peter in Hastings, FL is parting out multiple M35A3's, I was there last week, and I saw at least one A3 Alum. fuel tank.
Goes by petrcifka on a popular auction site. He has many parts, and he does not advertise them all.

mikey

I have had a few tanks with pinholes under the metal straps. Remove the tank, sand the affected area and cover it with JB weld and it's as good as new. Pinholes in this area are quite common.

Mikey

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks