• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 idling funny

w250guy

So just got my in tank fuel pump working correctly by making some new plates/shims and a new cover plate with strainer. Also changed all the fuel filters. Turned the pump on and it was spewing fuel out of the bleeder within 15 seconds id say. Truck runs great but at an idle it will idle smooth then kind of stumble or chug a little then smooth out again and repeat like “smooooooth chug chug chug smooooooooth chug chug chug i dont know what else to try to remedy the problem or is this kind of normal? Im running 80/20 - diesel/new 15/40 maybe even closer to 85/15 any thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yolner

I had the same issue once and couldn't figure out what it was either. Just seemed to go away on its own. Maybe air trapped somewhere?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So just got my in tank fuel pump working correctly by making some new plates/shims and a new cover plate with strainer. Also changed all the fuel filters. Turned the pump on and it was spewing fuel out of the bleeder within 15 seconds id say. Truck runs great but at an idle it will idle smooth then kind of stumble or chug a little then smooth out again and repeat like “smooooooth chug chug chug smooooooooth chug chug chug i dont know what else to try to remedy the problem or is this kind of normal? Im running 80/20 - diesel/new 15/40 maybe even closer to 85/15 any thoughts on this?

When is the last time you changed the filters ?
Do you drain the primary filter for water and other crap like it says to do in the -10 TM ?

w250guy

I just cleaned everything and new filters yesterday, its acting like its starving for fuel almost but only at an idle. It seems to run and drive just fine.

w250guy

Its right around 700-750, i did take it to work this morning and it seems to be idling alot better now

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks