• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 in-tank fuel pump gasket

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I've decided to drop the tank and pull the fuel pump because she stopped pumping (fuse and leads are good and power is flowing). So I'm going to clean the tank and replace gaskets on the pump and sender...

There is the problem, I can't find for the life of me a gasket for it, so I'll make my own.

What have you used to make yours or do you have a line on a proper one?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've made them with thin cork sheet, and other gasket sheet materials.

I've also reused the old(even if cracked).

Either way I seal both sides with a thin coat of Indian Head Shellac.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you doghead, the more I think about it the gasket part of this may be the least of my problems.... Yeah cleaning out a fuel tank.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not that bad to do.

I pull the plug and flush them with a gardenhose, with the tank on a plastic 50 gal garbage can.

Reach in with your hand and swab around with a rag. Maybe push it around on a short stick too, to get under the slosh panels.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've read alot of things on here and some that where either expensive or downright crazy when it comes to cleaning one out. hopefully I can get it done with diesel and a rag.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks