• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 no throttle

Kaleb7

I have a 1971 M35A2 with the Whites LTD 465. I just changed the hydraulic head orings and adjusted my fuel 1 flat on the bolt. Now once I got it started back up I have zero throttle. It will start and run just don’t have any throttle at all.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you make sure all the linkage inside the HH mated up correctly when reassembling? If something got out of alignment during assembly, you will lose control of the throttle. At least it didn't go to wide open when you cranked it up.

Just for CLARITY.....

A WIDE OPEN condition could result in CATASTOPHIC FAILURE through a runaway condition typically resulting in an EXPLODING ENGINE BLOCK as a result of a THROWN PISTON/PISTON ROD ASSEMBLY through the side of the BLOCK.

PLEASE read the associated threads on HH Rebuilds and how to be prepared to safely SHUT DOWN a runaway (wide-open throttled) engine!!!!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks