• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Roof Bows-Cab-Soft Top

saddamsnightmare

nopics
February 27th, 2008.

Gentlemen:

DOES anyone have any good photos or TM drawings to show the attachment of the top header bars to the windshield corners on the M35A2 Soft Top Bow System????
I have a set of 686A Tan header bars (L&R) and roof bows for the M35A2 soft top, but as my hard cab roof is on (and it's all she's ever had since rebuild in 1989/90), is there any special hardware needed to lock the square tubular header with bottom spring clips to the windshield frame?? Are they always on the winshield top corners and are they just covered by the hard steel top? A new GMA top is one the way, I might add, so I might have to come up with a solution in the next month or so.

Thanks again,

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1963 Swiss Mercedes Benz S404.114 Unimog
1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Vietnam & Desert Storm Veteran Deuce. :beer:

littlebob

I have seen a similar question asked and don't know the answer yet(my top was missing), but you might be able to a search and find out it has already been answered. Is the soft top frame still installed under the hard top?
littlebob

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kyle, sorry the pics are a bit fuzzy. The front of the door frames slide into a slot on the back, outward sideof the windshield frame, There is a lever, if you will, on the inside that hooks into the top of the front windshield frame. And the rear corners on both sides of the door frames are hinged.
HTH, Will

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

February 28th, 2008.

Thanks, Will, the photos helped some, as my truck has the hard top still in place, and I notice the spring clips on the headers, but I wasn't sure if there was something else they attached to. I found thesockets behind the doorposts for the bow bases, their top openings are covered with the hard cab corners.
Do you have any information on how the lower end of the hand throttle cable is restrained from moving in the engine compartment, and does the cable in the sheath get attached to the top ear on the accellerator linkage above where the return spring connects?? See post above, as my truck had the hand throttle cannibalized out before I got it, just leaving its ghost on the
dashboard. I guesstimated the routing as down through a hole in the firewall just aboe the accellerator linkage where it passes out just below the crimp or bend where the floor pan hits the firewall (just to the left of a breather or tube that goes down through the floorpan above the transmission, then forward to the aforementioned ear on the accellerator rod from the accellerator pedal.
I don't see any way to the sheath of the hand throttle, and untill I do, there'll be no pulling on the IP pump to advance the throttle.
My truck has trouble warming up on cold mornings because she idles at 550-600 RPM, and no hand throttle to bring her up to 1000-1200 and hold her, and I have no urge to sit there with the buzzer holding the pedal down. Its drving me :cookoo: , which makes you not want to :driver: the truck on cold days.
I'm still working through the no starts below 32*F, it's now pretty much confined to either the starter push button (due to wear), or the starter solenoid ( which I cleaned off the GI spilled oil yesterday (See posts above on no starts M35A2), but she runs like a scared cat above 32*F, never fails to start (having said that the gremlins will get to work), but so far the advice on these two items has been (re)sounding (not!!). Sometimes not having another Deuce or Unimog within a 150 miles to use as references s not the greatest thing.
Did you get the tranny installed yet in your truck, when you do you'll have to have :beer: and pizza with the family, or at least the Steel Soldiers crew in you area. Thanks again for the many kindnesses, I am indebted to you and the other Steel Soldiers members for the insights and assistances. I remain, Sir, at your service, and I am,

Most Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1963 Mercedes Benz Swiss Unimog, S404.114 (Should've been used in the next Raider's film)
1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Vietnam and Desert Storm Deuce ("""Ditto"""").
fat lady sings

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks