• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 Squeaky brakes

WhoMe08721

Hello all,

Have a small question, replaced all my Brakes last year drums, pads and new brake fluid (DOT 5) Purple stuff and they worked great after that. But now this year when I let the truck sit for 2 day or so the brakes Squeaky when you first use them, after that this is no noise. I am thinking it moisture get on the drums and rubs off after the first use. Dose any one else have this problem and if so is there a solution?

Thanks

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Very common in all of my trucks, there’s no real major issues stemming from it. About the only real solution would be store your truck indoors, otherwise you have nothing to worry about.

Park a civi car, and spray water on the rotors. Most likely in a day or two you’ll have rust on them as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18operator

I get a bit of a squeak when I start off too. Then it goes away (not worried), My old Buick wagon does the same with its' drum brakes. And they both reside in a domicile.

HDN

All my vehicles do it until the brakes warm up. Both my Chrysler daily drivers with all disk brakes, and my deuce in its first few stops for the day. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

What I do every time I bleed the air tanks after I park the truck for the day is check the back of each wheel for leaking brake fluid. I don't want to take any chances!

MrMikey4026

I think it is because all the stuff that was good for friction material but bad for people has been removed.
Just buy a new Freightliner truck and see how bad they squeak!

V8srfun

Most all types vehicles have slight squeak on first movement from the surface rust from ambient moisture. I don’t know that you would be able to fix this concern.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks