• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 turbo...

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys, today while doing some work on my truck I noticed oil on the back of the turbo housing/exhaust outlet side at the bottom. I haven't been able to drive my truck any over the past two weeks, work has been keeping me busy. However every few days I'll crank it up & let it run some. I did some searching on here & from what I read it seems that these engines-(muti-fuel) don't like long idle periods, that doing so will cause "turbo slobber". From the pic I took today could that be my issue or do you guys think the seals in the turbo need to be replaced? The oil leaking is real think & black a **** too! In a few weeks a buddy of mine who does heavy wheel repairs is going to help me do some winter maintenance & I'd like to fix this issue too. Thanks guys

Resized_20171203_154424_4252.jpg

Welder1

I would take it out for a hard run to burn off any oil and see if it continues. These engines need to be leaned on some and run hard. Short runs and little load allows some buildup so go run it.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would take it out for a hard run to burn off any oil and see if it continues. These engines need to be leaned on some and run hard. Short runs and little load allows some buildup so go run it.
I was thinking that too, but I wanted to be sure before I drove it. Ill get her out this week & well see what happens. Thanks for the help sir.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks