• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 turn singal --no flash

gem1410

On my m35a2 the turn signals do not flash--when i turn on the signal the bulbs outside light but no flash--the light on the turn signal does not glow--when i disconnect the wiring to the fender mounted flasher the turn signal light does light--i have tried running ground wires from the battery to both the turn signal and flasher ground with no results--the light switch is the new push button type--tried a different turn signal assembly and a different flasher with same results--anyone have any ideas??--thanks george

dm22630

Your flasher unit that is mounted on your inner drivers side fender/firewall is either not grounded or broken. This is a very common problem that I run into with my trucks.

dabtl

Check out the posts on the flasher problems using the search. All you ever wanted to know is there.

But, as a short cut, two things are usually wrong. The first is the flasher is broken. You can find how to check that in the other threads. The second is the grounds need cleaning, washers and bolts replaced. My guess is poor grounding.

dittle

Mine did the same thing on Saturday, checked the ground on the flasher pack on left front fender just in front of the firewall -- wasn't it. Replaced the flasher pack and fixed the issue.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Half the problems I have had with electrical issues are related to poor grounding, especially if there is any rust or paint that may be preventing a good ground. Make sure you have good continuity between the flasher unit and the mounting area, and the turn signals as well, use a piece of sandpaper to make the spot nice and shiny before you ground it. If it still doesn't work, look at swapping out the flasher unit.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Half the problems I have had with electrical issues are related to poor grounding, especially if there is any rust or paint that may be preventing a good ground. Make sure you have good continuity between the flasher unit and the mounting area, ........
The flasher unit case (housing) is not grounded, the unit is grounded via the "C" wire, which should have a ring terminal crimped to it......

ARYankee

Wow... What a coincidence but I just started having issues with my turn signals. I love this site. I guess when I get a chance tomorrow I'll have to check my grounds. If it isn't my grounding I reckon I'll have to get a new flasher unit.

dabtl

Wow... What a coincidence but I just started having issues with my turn signals. I love this site. I guess when I get a chance tomorrow I'll have to check my grounds. If it isn't my grounding I reckon I'll have to get a new flasher unit.
You may have to check more than just the flasher ground. I had to replace all of the bolts and washers on my second deuce light grounds. This included cleaning the base of the front turn signals replacing all four bolts and washers on each, as well as cleaning the bases of the rear tail lights and replacing the two bolts and washers on those.

A multi-meter can be your best friend at times.

dabtl

It was kind of astounding. I was frustrated beyond words. I had replaced every bolt, nut and washer but one. I had run out of day light. We had a parade the next day.

While getting ready for the parade, I decided to replace the last of the 12 bolts, nuts and washers. The empty hole bothered me. I put the bolt in, tightened it down and suddenly everything worked perfectly. Still does.

Bjorn is right about the grounds problem. Clean and check them anytime something does not fire off immediately or does so intermittently. It will save a lot of frustration.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks