• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 value?

DalekEngineer

I was curious what the rough value of my deuce would be. I have a 1967 M35a2C with out winch, it has a hard top and a heater, it has new head lights, new break lights, I replace the motor oil and filters when I got it, replaced the fuel filters when I got it, replaced the coolant, I rebuilt all the wheel cylinders and repacked all the wheel bearings, I replaced the master cylinder and rebuilt the air pack, it still needs break lines and it should stop, it’s hard start when cold out, but when warm starts right up, I do not have a title so I’d say that’s my biggest down fall right there, any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Location is a big factor, and as long as it’s been registered in private hands many states will allow bill of sale only (such as Georgia) on a truck older than XX amount of years.

Any truck in my opinion that is 95% complete, runs, drives and stops starts at 5,000 on the east coast. Can’t speak for the middle or western US.

I will say, getting the brakes right will definitely increase value as a lot of people that want one either can’t afford transport or enjoy the thrill of driving an unknown truck home; I myself fit into both categories simultaneously.

Can you attach some pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DalekEngineer

One more thing is it does not have the original fuel tank as the original was full of holes, and some more little things. I still need to reinstall the brake and clutch pedal.

Attachments

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Not bad! So even though the data plate may say it’s a M35A2C, in current configuration it’s a M35A2. The C would designate a Drop-Side bed with hinges for easy side access. Honestly if you were to finish it up, and do some minor prep work, roll it with Behr exterior enamel (we’re talking $50 investment) you could easily get that truck in the 8,000 plus market if you’re not in a hurry; Beauty sells

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I’m not in a huge rush but would like it out of here fairly soon, I can assure you is has the whistler turbo.
Although your truck has a whistler turbo, the title M35A2C has no relation to whether a truck is whistler equipped or not, ‘A2C strictly refers to it has a LD/LDT465 series either Non-Turbo/C Whistler Turbo/D non whistler turbo

When looking at the engine, you’ll see something like LDT465-1 or LDT465-1-c or LDT465-1-D. None of that guarantees a whistler either. In fact, besides our joy for that distinct whistle, the Whistler C is harder on head gaskets due to higher turbo drive pressure.

Just for an example, my 1967 M35A2 was rebuilt in 1991 to be a M35A2C dropside truck, and an LDT465-1-D engine was installed with a D code turbo; it’s important to note that the “D or C” in engine coding does not always mean D or C turbo. IMG_5077.jpg

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Anytime sir! It can be useless knowledge, but nevertheless we must continue to share to keep the hobby going.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I live in a far away place. Bought my last truck for $1500. Had sat 10 years. Put deisel, and air in tires, in it and drove it up on trailer and took it home. Yours looks to be in decent shape. Clean it up a bit more and you could see much more just on the looks of it. I put some sweat equity in mine and I've had offers of $12,000 for my little $1,500. Rig.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it was mine $3000-$5000 OBO to haggle a bit. But like before it depends on where you are and who wants it. People aren't wanting to spend right now, with all this no work going on. Money may not be there which lowers what it's worth. Tough decisions. Good luck! Let us know how it goes. There might be someone who wants it on SS. Put it in classifieds.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The two biggest issues I see are the sprag t-case and the lack of title.

The Tcase isn't worth trying to swap out.

If you can get a title for it , that adds thousands in value and triples your pool of potential buyers.

As stated above , a $200 or less housepaint paint job will add at least a thousand to value .

DalekEngineer

The history I know of the deuce is it came from fort Lewis into the hands of a private buyer, he donated it to a community college and they sold it to my grandpa who never put it into his name, so when I bought it we tried to get a title but they wanted a realese of interest from the guy who bought it from fort Lewis so we got it and they wanted something else ( I can’t remember it’s been a while since we tried) but they kept on wanting more and then saying we need something else so we just gave up on getting a title.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The two biggest issues I see are the sprag t-case and the lack of title.

The Tcase isn't worth trying to swap out.

If you can get a title for it , that adds thousands in value and triples your pool of potential buyers.

As stated above , a $200 or less housepaint paint job will add at least a thousand to value .
I had to go through a company here in Texas for a bonded title for one of my trucks. Ended up with a clear title. It never had a title after it was bought from govt.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The history I know of the deuce is it came from fort Lewis into the hands of a private buyer, he donated it to a community college and they sold it to my grandpa who never put it into his name, so when I bought it we tried to get a title but they wanted a realese of interest from the guy who bought it from fort Lewis so we got it and they wanted something else ( I can’t remember it’s been a while since we tried) but they kept on wanting more and then saying we need something else so we just gave up on getting a title.
That why the next owner isn't going to want to deal with the title , you couldn't get one and now your adding another layer for the next guy. At the end of the day it is about states losing money in lost taxes every time it gets sold without a title.Without the title your not going to get much more than parts truck price.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks