• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M36a3 who has one? How rare are they?

drivebymashing

Bought a m36a3. Loving it ,recently serviced it. Might do a camper or leave it stock. How rare is this thing? Would I get murdered if I bobbed it? What's the value? It's so much quieter than my previous m35a2s

Attachments

HDN

I'd freakin' trade you a truck to bob for that thing! :LOL: Or you can sell it and use the money to buy a LMTV which is basically a newer deuce bobbed from the factory.

Like everyone else here has said the M36A3 is pretty rare. I'd say the M109A4 trucks are there with it.

Does that truck already have 395s on it? I can't tell from the pictures.

So yeah for Pete's sake don't bob it!

dmetalmiki

I agree with everyone who states "DO NOT bob..( W the # IS THAT!!)?

(And as mentioned previous )'Could never (Quite) Understand why anyone would wish to " B..NO RUIN..a perfectly good and Rare vehicle.
when you can obtain the desired out of the factory L.M.T.V.

You have there a Properly configured truck..pity they were not ALL made like that..(Nothing can beat 6x6 IN LINE same width and track army vehicles.
juss' my 1/2..penne'th

drivebymashing

I'd freakin' trade you a truck to bob for that thing! :LOL: Or you can sell it and use the money to buy a LMTV which is basically a newer deuce bobbed from the factory.

Like everyone else here has said the M36A3 is pretty rare. I'd say the M109A4 trucks are there with it.

Does that truck already have 395s on it? I can't tell from the pictures.

So yeah for Pete's sake don't bob it!
Yes it has 395s

drivebymashing

Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office - the part of the DoD that surpluses stuff.

That's a nice truck. I really enjoy my M35A3 and would love an M36A3 to go with it. Someday! :driver: With how rare they are I'm more likely to get a wrecker first, no matter what my wife says :p
I might sell it. I'd love to have the new yamaha wolverine side by side. Street legal I'm NC now.

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bought a m36a3. Loving it ,recently serviced it. Might do a camper or leave it stock. How rare is this thing? Would I get murdered if I bobbed it? What's the value? It's so much quieter than my previous m35a2s

I have a 1969 M36A2C that is on it's way to becoming a go-anywhere-camper. Yours looks great but still like
my dual wheels in case one goes flat in the middle of nowhere. Thought about being able to put tracks on the
rears. My wrench is handy, too. If you don't mind, about what did you have to pay?
If you want to keep in touch maybe I can give you some ideas on your build. Like to see what you have come up
with.
All the best,
Orren
PS: Don't even think about bobbing it. Too rare and very nice.

drivebymashing

I have a 1969 M36A2C that is on it's way to becoming a go-anywhere-camper. Yours looks great but still like
my dual wheels in case one goes flat in the middle of nowhere. Thought about being able to put tracks on the
rears. My wrench is handy, too. If you don't mind, about what did you have to pay?
If you want to keep in touch maybe I can give you some ideas on your build. Like to see what you have come up
with.
All the best,
Orren
PS: Don't even think about bobbing it. Too rare and very nice.
I might end doing a camper that fits in the bed. Don't have alot of free time to build what I want.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might end doing a camper that fits in the bed. Don't have alot of free time to build what I want.
I put an S-280 in the bed of my M36, with enough room in front to put fuel cans all the way across, and a 'porch' on the back. Bought some long fiberglass seat slats to serve as uprights from Stefan Wood Products to allow me to put a sun canopy (large section out of a cargo parachute) over the whole thing. A/C, lights and bed inside made it into a simple camper.

HDN

Is there 1k of these left?
I'm not sure anyone knows how many are left. I know some went to Lebanon, maybe other countries in the Middle East. And some were just salvage or parted out. No one is exactly sure how many of the ESP trucks were built, let alone how many of each type built, besides that no serial numbers indicating a number higher than 6000 have appeared. Only AM General would know and we know how they just love to talk to us plebeians :p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks