• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Axle Swap

Shook

Has anyone here done a complete front and rear axle swap on there M37. I am going to start on a v8 conversion on my M37 and was looking for some advice on doing the axle swap too. Any input would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not many axles from modern trucks (of sufficient strength) will fit the narrow 55" track of the M37. You are better off to fit the disk brake kits from Helitool and regear it for a lower ratio if needed.

Narrowing the modern axles will cost you about the same, plus you loose the good looks. Just bolting a set underneath makes the wheels stick out way too far.

dg

deloit

Shook said:
Has anyone here done a complete front and rear axle swap on there M37. I am going to start on a v8 conversion on my M37 and was looking for some advice on doing the axle swap too. Any input would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian

Go to www.g741.org this is a site for M37's

revisw

Along the same line. If I change the gearing on the rear end, do I need to make changes on the front? How about the t'case?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want to use 4-wheel drive, you must have the same gearing front and rear and same size tires. No differential in the T-case.
Brian: Cabell can tell you all about it, gearing engine swap etc.

Shook

Yeah there are some guys around that have done the swap. Looks like they have used the CUCV M1008 8 lug axles. I was looking at using the M1009 axles but they may be too weak. I haven't really got that far into it yet. Looking for people that have done it. I've found the pictures but haven't talked to the owners. Too many other projects are in line at the moment to get started.
Thanks,
Brian

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks