• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Canadian Tramsmission Tower

cannbal

I have a 1953 Canadian Dodge M37,T236, I need a complete shift tower for the Transmission, I was told it is a Acme 4867 . Southeastern equiptment say they have one in an ambulance for $195 and $25 for shipping, they don 't want to go to the trouble of taking it out that is why it is so high. Does anyone out there have one any cheaper, I'm retired and on a fixed income, I would really like to get it back on the road. "HELP PLEASE"
David Ingram

cannbal

I coulld not get into reverse, to the right and down, my buddy worked on them in Vietnam and pulled the tower off, it had a screw on cap , it wouldn't come off so a cut was made in the side and it was removed. When I took it to Memphis Equiptment they couldn't match it up , one of the old timers said it was Canadian, and the shift pattern may be to the left and up. I had not driven it very much and at 64 years of age can't remember the reverse shift pattern, I was taking my buddy at his word, but neither of us knew it was Canadian. Soooo, I'm looking for a tower or the parts to repair it.

Thanks for your comments, I will call power wagons, I have bought many parts from them, nothing for the motor or tranny, the body for the M37 is about the same .
Thanks again, David

citizensoldier

Canadian Transmission

If its Canadian it would be a ACME tranny. If so reverse is to the right and forward so from what you said you went the wrong way on both try's???? Brian Ausbury in Ontario is the guy you need to talk with. I will try and find his phone #. He has many parts for Canadian trucks..
I am just curiousem. Does it have a winch on it??? I will get you that # tomarrow. :wink:

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a Canadian M37 I put a winch on. The shift pattern is different, as I noticed when I drove a US truck. The engine is also different. Larger displacement and longer block.

cannbal

RE: Brians phone #

sorry to be so long in getting back to you, I've been out of town, I will call brain tomorrow.

to answer the other question from sergeant in warsaw , it does not have a wench now, but it did at one time, was taken off before i bought it.
thanks for your help,
david

cannbal

RE: Brians phone #

I called the number you gave me and a lady answered tech support, and said there was no Brian Asbury there.

Went to an event at Petit Jean Mountain Ark. this week end, got a few leads hope one of them turns out.
Thanks again,
David

cannbal

Found his number in ad in magazine, called him today he said he had one laying in the field, checked casting numbers, they match. He is shipping this week. Maybe I'ss have the old girl back on the road by next week.
Thanks for your help,
David :D

cannbal

RE: What number did you have?

I got the number from his ad in the M.V. mag, it was the same number, maybe the Canadian phone system connected me to the wrong number. When I called this time I got him, he found one in his yard and is sending me the tower. Only $90 plus shipping, I'm happy.

Thanks for your help, if you hadn't given me his name I would still be sitting here looking.
Thanks again

citizensoldier

Not a problem...

No big deal ,thats what this hobby is all about for me. Helping others, finding good deals on old rusty things, and driving them through the woods..
Glad to help and good luck with your tranny. My Canadian M37 is in the garage waiting for me to pull the engine. She is tired and started banging a bit. #6 rod bearing was about to let loose. I shut her down just in time. Brian will here from me soon as I hunt up rebuild parts for a 251... They are not as plentiful like the 230 stuff... :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks