• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 distributor question

poppop

I did some more work on old blue today. I got the carb adjusted and idle slowed down by tightening the return spring. It just did not sound right so I checked all plugs for firing. Number 4 and 6 were dead with no spark at the plug. Removed the cap and inside is another round cap. Removed it and number 4 and 6 did not have the little silver metal cap at the bottom of the hole that the plug wire goes in. I inserted a piece of metal wire in each hole and put it back, but first I dropped it and all the metal pieces came out. I put them back in but was not sure of the right holes. Now number 6 is firing but I still have two dead cylinders. Why does it appear that a spark jump gap is built into this system and why does not any piece of metal work. I assume I need a new cap but I would like to know some opinions from the experts out there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks