• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 door seal question

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So it looks like there are several door seals per door on the 37. I am guessing-Two go on the (front and rear) of the door vertical in the corner; where are the three short ones positioned? Can't find anything in the manual..... Pics would be great!

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have and TM for the 37 it will show it in there, I know this because last summer I replaced all the weather stripping in my 37. I will look and post in the morning what I find and hopefully it will help you!
Karl;

Superdave

3 around the side window, 3 around the door unless newer weather stripping as they give you 1 long piece to go around the door and one at the bottom of the doorway that attache's to the cab.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
3 around the side window, 3 around the door unless newer weather stripping as they give you 1 long piece to go around the door and one at the bottom of the doorway that attache's to the cab.
So we are talking on the door only; the pieces are NOS shorter ones (maybe 18"). Why would there be 3 because the bottom one would do nothing? When the door is closed the inside of the door touches the lower seal on the cab. Putting one on the door in the corner accomplishes nothing. Plus where do the three short (3" maybe) pieces go?

TGP (IL)

Don't know if this helps,
But from memory I know there is a 3" rubber horizontal on the front door
Shell to contact the cab tub right below the windshield.
I think one goes opposite on the rear of door at the top of the cab tub.
Or they go at each hinge?
Tom

Last edited:

SturmTyger380

I went out to the old junker I have and took some photos. I can see that the fact that the rubber on the door goes all the way under the door really does not seal against anything.

Photos:

IMG_1393.jpgIMG_1394.jpgIMG_1395.jpgIMG_1396.jpgIMG_1397.jpgIMG_1400.jpg

TGP (IL)

I can see what looks like one of the three inch pieces below the hinge
On the cab tub.
Also one on the top of door shell to contact the tub below windshield.

Can't see the third one.
Tom

SturmTyger380

There are two on the sills at the bottom. One on the bottom front sill and one at the bottom rear sill. The rear one is there in the second picture it’s just not really clear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks