• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 lift kit?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Either have the springs re-arched, or modify a body lift. should be easy.

CGarbee

Actually, as long as you weld the blocks to the axle, it is perfectly acceptable to put a block between the springs and the axles. Make sure that you use a new index bolt in the sping back that goes through the springs and the block in order that you properly locate the axle (the axle has a smal depression in the spring plate for the bolt head to fit into...). Blocks are used not only by folks who installed the older military Hercules DT3.7 repower kits, but also by folks using Detroit or Cummins power... Military installed blocks on the left side as part of the kit to install the spare tire on the side carrier (the "door mounted spare").
Want me to send him some photos of my axles...?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blocks are perfectly fine for the rear, but are not safe for the front even if welded!!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Appreciate the info! He is also asking about wheel spacers, which I guess could be machined fairly easily if not available off the shelf.
Keep in mind Adrian is 19 and wants to "play" with his truck, not restore it. :)
Thanks Cabell for the offer on the images, I'll let you know if he wants them.

CGarbee

Bjorn, I'm thinking about going to a rally in WV this October (PW crowd is going trail riding...). If I do, I'll try to swing by your place on the way up...

m108

A 38in tire should fit with out a lift unless the front springs are very tired. A 12.50 38 will work on the stock wheels.M37's work very well on trails with stock springs & 36 or 38in tires. I have a 63 B1 and have watched others on several trail rides and they seem to go places other''modified"trucks do.Just my 2 cents worth!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks