• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 made it to it's new home

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes Sir, where has that been? Museum storage? Very complete and original, clean and shine, don't lose that original patina.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats!

Judging by your other projects, this one will be a real gem after a bit of your TLC!!!
Thank you for your nice words. Not sure what my plans are I may just get it running and leave the pant as is for now.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have a very nice looking 37 there, it looks complete and in pretty darn good shape, and I can see its still got its original mechanical fuel pump. Do you know what it was used for in its military life yet? I ask because of the exhaust routing and the antenna on the side, it could have very possibly has some type of shelter on the rear or it could have been a command truck? Boy it looks good! I picked up a 52 M37 a couple months ago and its nice but even close to yours, but its getting better every day after rebuilding or replacing copious amounts of parts its almost done! Good luck with yours it sure looks like a winner from your pics!
KK

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a very nice truck with a number of rare and valuable accessories on it. You are very lucky to find such an un-"improved" or "modified" truck. As time goes by the original condition trucks are becoming increasingly rare.

Good Luck with your project! I hope you keep it, and restore it, to its original configuration.

AZDeuce

Beautiful Marine Corps M-37 should be a -B1 model with the spare tire on the door. Is this Dan P. Jrs old M37? He copied the Third Division shield off of my M37 decades ago, that's what you have on the right door, and front bumper. It has the correct Marine Corps tie downs on the rear, it "should" have the "paper clips" on the front bumpers to be correct, but from what I remember that is all that truck needs to be "complete." Feel free to email me any questions, as I used to know all of this stuff 35-36 years ago (maybe I still do. Later - Tom

Bill W

Looks like a early M-37 ( firewall mounted fuel filter ) that was upgraded with door mount (B1) spare tire. Its rare to get one with the snorkels ( fording kit ).
Very nice unmolested truck you have there ( even still has the correct radiator hose clamps [thumbzup] )

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have a very nice looking 37 there, it looks complete and in pretty darn good shape, and I can see its still got its original mechanical fuel pump. Do you know what it was used for in its military life yet? I ask because of the exhaust routing and the antenna on the side, it could have very possibly has some type of shelter on the rear or it could have been a command truck? Boy it looks good! I picked up a 52 M37 a couple months ago and its nice but even close to yours, but its getting better every day after rebuilding or replacing copious amounts of parts its almost done! Good luck with yours it sure looks like a winner from your pics!
KK
Exhaust and snorkel are for the fording kit.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beautiful Marine Corps M-37 should be a -B1 model with the spare tire on the door. Is this Dan P. Jrs old M37? He copied the Third Division shield off of my M37 decades ago, that's what you have on the right door, and front bumper. It has the correct Marine Corps tie downs on the rear, it "should" have the "paper clips" on the front bumpers to be correct, but from what I remember that is all that truck needs to be "complete." Feel free to email me any questions, as I used to know all of this stuff 35-36 years ago (maybe I still do. Later - Tom
Tom, It is Dan's old M37. The vin # shows it as a 1952 M37 not a B1, I guess the spare was add at some point. But I am just learning about M37. To much info. for my old brain, LOL.

18operator

WOW! Nice machine! Can't find anything like that around here. Everything sitting in an outside back lot is usually a pile of rust in the dirt.
Take good care of that piece of history!

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
According to the MWO that moved the spare tire from the cargo bed to the door, all M-37's were to be converted by sometime in 1956 (I have the MWO at home, and I'm not). It obviously didn't happen for a number of reasons, I'm sure.

So, if that was the only requirement to make a truck into a B1, (it wasn't and isn't) then any year of manufacture could be made into a B1.

I think the door mounted spare is just a visual clue that most people seem to assume is indicative of the B1 model.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks