• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38A1 info

1stDeuce

Ok, I'm surfing around and looking to see exactly what I have, and not finding much here on ss. Is there a better site for this?? I checked out G503 and found almost nothing useful there either...

I'm intrigued by the fact that the M38A1 I have is tagged as such, but has the re-enforcement plates on the shackles, and has 11 leaf front springs and 13 leaf rear springs. This seems extra HD compared to what I find looking around. I suppose it's possible that the HD parts were added by the military at some point, given that it was in service for 20 years, but what would the springs have been from?? I see no evidence that leaves were added, as they all have the same squashed center at the ends, and that seem like too much work for added leaves.

Just curious.
C

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The reinforced shackles is a mid production change to the M38A1. The massive spring packs are stock.

SGT FROST

Go Big Time

According to those far ahead of me & you and have the best military jeep ever made . We are the elete the chosen ones so go forth be fruitful and multiply, and buy more military jeep parts and promote good will. And remember it only cost 80% more to go first class.SGT FROST OUT!

FrankUSMC

I have had several M38A1s, they are great jeeps. And, like our beloved, M35 series truck, they had a long prodution run, so parts are still easy to find cheap.
I am now making the one I have here in the stable into a gun jeep, she will become a M38A1C. The 106 is finnished, now I am going to start working on the jeep.
You did good with a M38A1.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks