• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38A1 Replacement Engine

stwdjj

I am working on an M38A1, and have taken it down to the frame, and am working on all of the body work now. This Jeep has been all over the US, and has been in 5 different states. I found it at an auto shop near Killen, Tx (Ft Hood), and brought it back to the Dallas area to restore.

I want to go back original, and the jeep currently has a V6 Buick engine 1972 in place that is running so so. Wanting to go original, can anyone help me find a complete rebuild engine to use for this project. I am ok with body work and assembly, but have never done an engine rebuild, so even if I found a core, I would still have to have the engine part done for me.

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I haven't had to buy a Jeep engine yet (knocking on wood... my M38A1 isn't running reliably yet, but I haven't seen any signs of the engine being toast yet...) so I can't speak from experience, but I have noticed that Surplus City Jeep Parts advertises remanufactured Jeep engines in their picture ad in Military Vehicles Magazine. Maybe they can sell you what you need.

You might try the forum at G503.com, too. I think that more Jeep folks hang out there, while this forum tends to be more deuce-centric. But in any case, please keep hanging out here, too... we love talking about all sorts of military vehicles.

Oh, and by the way, I'm required by custom to say this:

nopics

Hey, if I didn't say it, somebody else would... ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks