• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m38inmaine new M1008

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
This are the pics I took of m38inmaine's truck while inspecting it for him. He can't access photobucket where he is, so this thread is actually get the pics to him. I hope others like it though.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
forklift damage! aua

aboonski

Looks like GL people used a fork lift to move the truck around judging by the marks on the driveshaft. I have always wondered what a driveshaft would look like once it was subjected to the fork lift method of relocation. Am I right or is it just the way the photo came out?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You would think that they'd take a little better care of these things so maybe they could get a few extra dollars

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yup that is forklift damage. From talking to the local GL guy it appears that the people at Mechanicsburg say they don't have keys for the CUCV, so they move them that way. BS. This otherwise would have been a very nice M1008. Now it needs a bit of repair.

m38inmaine

Thanks for the pictures Ethan! Anyone near ethan or along my route from Maine that might have a nice replacement door and or front outer fender I would like to hear from you. I have the driveshaft so am set there. Dash was removed to access starter relay, Ethan jumped the relay contacts and she spins over. Atleast they left me a full tank of fuel! EUC cleared, took less than two weeks, just waiting for the paid invoice. Not looking forward to a 800 mile trip back in a M1008 but I am in no hurry to get back so all will be fine. Thanks again Ethan and the rest who have helped out.

m38inmaine

I would like to than Jason for recovering my M1008. It's now in a safe place untill I can get down and recover it in a couple of weeks.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
800 miles in a CUCV? Walk in the park. Shoot for 500 miles the first day and enjoy the scenery on the second day. By the time you get home, you will be well acquainted with your new baby.

Rickyoday

A few years back a guy working at Tobyhanna said that type of damage was a result of what they call "DRMS Hockey". The forklift operators are too busy, or too lazy to see if a truck will start, so they move it with a forklift. They don't care...they get paid either way.
Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks