• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M416 lug bolts

SgtMajHarper

Ok, I've already chewed my own butt, kicked some rocks, chewed my butt (again), gave myself a time out and forehead smacked myself a couple times. Long story short, I screwed up the wheels and lug bolts (yes, all of them) on my M416 trailer. I used 2 civilian style wheels and the original M416 lug nuts (I know.......I know), so the nuts came loose and I ended up rounding out the lug holes on both wheels and while wobbling around, I buggered up (Marine terminology) every one of the lug bolts. Everyone line up and take a shot, then on to my question(s).

Is the M416 wheel lug bolts the same as the M151? I think so, same nut fits anyway. Does anyone know of a source for 10? I found one source for M416 bolts and at $10 Yankee dollars each I think it's a bit much.

Next part of this......I have some CJ Jeep lug bolts.......just a tad bit wider, but not an exact fit in the hole manufactured. Thoughts on drilling it out to size in the hub for the CJ Jeep lug bolts??

Thanks guys....yes....I know I'm a dumb a$$.

For anyone not using tapered civilian lug nuts on your trailer but using civvie wheels......save yourself a ton of grief and use the right lug nuts for the wheels. Oh yeah; also looking for 2 old style steel 15" 5 on 5 1/2 Jeep wheels. I have 2 large round metal paper weights for a good home. For what it's worth (not) I got away with it for 20 years before it caught up to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks