• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M54 starting problem

Bangman

Just received two (2) M54 MFs in the last three months. One started beautifully until some homeless P.O.S. got in and turned on the Battery Switch and ran down the batteries to "0". After that episode, I recharged both batteries up and cleaned all my cables and attempted to start. Now I don't have the low air pressure annunciator sounding any more not can I start the truck. Turning on the Ignition Battery Switch the Amp/Volt Meter moves to the green and the Fuel Gauge registers but I have now low air pressure annunciator sound nor can I start the truck. Ignition Switch was removed and that tested ok on closure. Is there a circuit breaker somewhere or a low voltage interupt circuit? Ass ist woul be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Bill

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Coincidence maybe? Try taking the low air buzzer out and hooking it up to straight voltage and see if it works. If it does, then you know it is in your wiring. There is one circuit breaker on the firewall near the steering column. I don't have a wiring schematic in front of me right now to tell you what's on it though.

Desert Rat

Bill,
You might wish to include your town or state in your signature. I need to look at your profile in order to know where you are and possibly guide you to some local help. Having the info in your signature would expediate the process.

Bangman

Originally posted by Desert Rat

Bill,
You might wish to include your town or state in your signature. I need to look at your profile in order to know where you are and possibly guide you to some local help. Having the info in your signature would expediate the process.
I'm new to this so I'll have to update that info in the Profile area. But for now, it's Bill Curtin, Novato, Ca. (Just above San Fran.)
Two M54s, one M62

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks