• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M54 winch question

Monty

Can any 5 ton have a winch installed? I looked at my transfer case and I don't see any PTO access. There is a cover on the rear of the transfer case but it looks to be for inspection, can someone point me in the right direction.
Thanks

acetomatoco

The winch and extensions are the same for the M54 series, the M5A2 series and the M800 series... the drive shafts vary somewhat by application...the pto's are the same... You can mount a pto on the rear of the xfer case, but it is usually for running a pump for a rear application..all detailed in the manuals which I harp on constantly...

Bill W

Not to steal a thread but I have a complete 5 ton winch setup ( no cable) forsale, if interested PM me

Monty

acetomatoco said:
The winch and extensions are the same for the M54 series, the M5A2 series and the M800 series... the drive shafts vary somewhat by application...the pto's are the same... You can mount a pto on the rear of the xfer case, but it is usually for running a pump for a rear application..all detailed in the manuals which I harp on constantly...
Your correct, I do need to get the manuals. I pulled the recomended manual numbers off the data plates but I'm looking to get them in hard copy's. I have went through and started to pull the manual's up that are on the site but they take a long time to load with a dial up.
Chad

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
If you look at my thread in the five ton forum I showed how I put a winch on my M52. I had to buy the PTO takeoff and the PTO shaft as well as the control levers from TNJ Murray in New JerseyDover Del. The process is not that hard but it is going to take a bit of work and time to get one installed and running.

T. W. MURRAY JEEP PARTS
P. O. BOX 214
DOVER, DE 19903

PHONE (302) 736-1790

FAX (302) 674-5172

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=11119

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks