• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M561 Abany NY to Charlotte NC

Guys and gals,

I'm hoping someone can help me solve a bugbear in my plans to ship a Goat to Australia, it seems my importer is having problems getting US domestic transport quotes for travel from NY to NC.

Anyone got any recommendations or in a position to offer their services?

Thanks

Spock

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Charlotte, NC is not anywhere close to the ocean. You'd have a better chance of loading it onto an ocean going ship in Albany, NY than in Charlotte. NYC and Buffalo would be alternative (and larger) ports for ocean shipping (Buffalo via the St. Lawrence Seaway). Charlotte is still 200 miles (roughly 300 km) from the ocean.

Export port?

Charlotte, NC is not anywhere close to the ocean. You'd have a better chance of loading it onto an ocean going ship in Albany, NY than in Charlotte. NYC and Buffalo would be alternative (and larger) ports for ocean shipping (Buffalo via the St. Lawrence Seaway). Charlotte is still 200 miles (roughly 300 km) from the ocean.
Thanks for the info,

better double check that he wanted to export through Charlotte, or maybe he can handle it from there... and I guess I now confess to my general ignorance of US geography....

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have your importer Google "transportation broker" and take your pick from thousands of people who can line up a drop deck tractor/trailer with ramps for your Goat haul. Better yet, specify "hotshot" for $2.50/mile rates. Hotshot is a 1 ton pickup with a gooseneck trailer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks