• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M60 tank paint color?

compexp

Gents, we're repainting our M60 here at our Legion Post, and not sure of what color to use. I realize this tank has been around for a loooong time and thus, has had many different shades of green (and tan).

I have a 5-gallon can of Green 383 - also known as 34094 - does anyone know if that color was ever officially used on the M60s?

Thanks in advance.

Rich
Gretna American Legion Post
Gretna, NE

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M60, M60A1, or M60A3? Whichever I don't think they ever used 383. Weren't most of these Lusterless OD?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MKCEON is correct. It depends on the exact model of your tank. Some of the later M60 variants inevitably would have been painted 383 green (or CARC camo or 686A tan). The earliest M60s would have been painted semi-gloss (Vietnam era). The tanks used in the 70s and early 80s were painted MERDC 4 color camo...my personal favorite! I suggest the latter, but any of the above colors would be correct for an M60 variant.

emr

Nice thread ! And at Picatiny Arsenal this sat it is open to the public ! a celabration of Armed forces day. There will be an M60 crushing a car like above, And it is a yearly event, all are welcomed, fyi...and My buddy Sgt. Joe has the dubius honor of being the only guy to high center and M60 on the car and get stuck, should have heard the crowd roar...he he he..so alot of U guys know where it is, sorry for the thread change but the M60 just seemed right...Randy

dittle

Nice tanks, Dan. Love that 4 color camo...
That is the tank that will be on the History Channel on the show Lock and Load with the Gunny. I posted about spending a day with him about 2 weeks ago. Air date is sometime in July from what I'm told. We're supposed to be the 2nd episode airing.

Nice thread ! And at Picatiny Arsenal this sat it is open to the public ! a celabration of Armed forces day. There will be an M60 crushing a car like above, And it is a yearly event, all are welcomed, fyi...and My buddy Sgt. Joe has the dubius honor of being the only guy to high center and M60 on the car and get stuck, should have heard the crowd roar...he he he..so alot of U guys know where it is, sorry for the thread change but the M60 just seemed right...Randy
Ok, I've personally crushed 5 cars with a M60A3 now (not trying to brag by the way); how in the hell do you high center a car under one of these tanks???????? I got this car caught in the track which resulted in a bent fender, but I just backed off the car to get it unstuck.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks