• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M62 rear winch disassembly woes !

MAZ537

Hello all !!!

I am trying to remove the drum from an M62 wrecker rear Tulsa winch...I have remove several in the past and all came with almost no effort...
But not this one...It is so badly stuck that after I have hit it hard with a large hammer (wood block between drum!) it moves very slowly and even after it has clear the drum keys area it does not turn (1 meter bar in the cable hole) does not move at all...Now drum is around 15cm out from drum shaft but does not turn even now...
Please take a look to the keys...I does not have touch them , even the copper ring/spacer inside is badly bent...

Any ideas guys ???

Thanks !

Attachments

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More Pictures would help. Can you tap it back on? It sounds like it may be jammed on crooked.

MAZ537

Update !

I have to fabricate a simple puller to be able to pull the drum off the shaft point is to have it centered to the shaft during removal (pictures will follow), good thing it that the shaft is not damaged only rusted !

And about the brake that was stuck solid to the worm shaft , Kroil , heat , patience and a bigger puller made it too (surface is clean, no rust at) the worm shaft key is so badly stuck to the brake that destroy my first used puller threads as it comes together with the brake drum and when I noticed it puller was toast...

Lesson learned but task was completed :D

MAZ537

The pullers used to remove brake drum :
At the left is 683/130 that was damaged (threads on puller body) from excessive pressure , worth to mention is that this puller has remove easily two brake drums from 45k winches in the past and also from 20k and 10k winches...
At the right is 683/250 the big brother who has remove the stuck brake drum easily along with its stuck key coming together !!!
Both are made by Unior and I have to say that they have replace the broken one w/o any issues as in some companies you have to struggle to get a tool replaced under warranty...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks