• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M656 gets a lift from it's MUCH younger brother

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Glad you found a buyer for it. That's a great truck/trailer combo for moving MV's. Did you go across the scales today? Just wondering what you grossed out at.

Stalwart

If I go by the numbers I know and the listed weight of the 656 I was at 32,000. But if I use the numbers and the scale weights of the 656 I had from the "dump" I was at about 34,000. Not quite the 35,500 I got below.

I don't stop at scales, I drive by 'em. :twisted:

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I go by the numbers I know and the listed weight of the 656 I was at 32,000. But if I use the numbers and the scale weights of the 656 I had from the "dump" I was at about 34,000. Not quite the 35,500 I got below.

I don't stop at scales, I drive by 'em. :twisted:
The 656 alone should be about 17,000 lb (a little extra for the bigger tires)...

Stalwart

Right on Bjorn, I think got a weight just over 17k when leaving the dump empty. It worked the F450 pretty hard but it didn't complain.

On the good side I got to see the truck move from the outside for the first time and it was really cool to see it go through some kinda swampy area in 4 wheel drive, I only used 8 by to get it on my wet steel decked trailer.

Stalwart

It was an AWESOME truck and fun to drive. I loved seeing the look on the new owners face after his first drive, he looked elated on how easy it was.

The paint was worn out but being aluminum, he can take his time, it isn't going anywhere.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks