• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M656, XM 757 or XM791 help needed.

Stalwart

I need help locating where on the M656 series trucks put their serial number on the frame. I've looked at the obvious places, sanded some paint off and used brake cleaner and a rag to look for numbers. I've spent most of my time around the passenger frame rail but I can't find a thing. Any ideas?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good question Stuart, I have not found it either, but then I only stripped paint off the driver's side frame in the area below the steering cylinder. I was only curious at the time, so didn't pursue it. Another xm757 owner asked me that question...

Stalwart

Thanks Bjorn,

I've looked all over, I'm starting to think Ford didn't bother to stamp them.

There's a guy interested in buying it and although I have a valid WA State title, his DMV is gonna want to see it stamped on the frame. The data plate on the M656 is screwed on, so they aren't gonna trust that at all.

Time for lunch and then for a nice long road test for the noisy old beast, I'm getting soft driving the HEMTT.

Stalwart

Perhaps so, just took it for a drive, with the shifter boot open I had a blast furnace of radiator air in my face. The HEMTT has made me REALLY soft all I could think of how nice my wife had it in the F450 behind me with the A/C running.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps so, just took it for a drive, with the shifter boot open I had a blast furnace of radiator air in my face. The HEMTT has made me REALLY soft all I could think of how nice my wife had it in the F450 behind me with the A/C running.
Found a heavy duty boot that fits perfectly on ebay some time ago....

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks