• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 horn stuck on...

RichM882

Hi guys. Does anybody know how to remove the horn push on a 715 ?
the horn is stuck on and I have pulled the wires off to silence it !!!
I don't want to damage the horn push or steering wheel because replacement will be impossible here in England. Any ideas ????

Barrman

The button itself just pops off. There should be a little bitty indent where a small screw driver will fit along the edge between wheel and button.

RichM882

You guys are the business !!! I got the horn push out now. I have removed the switch and unplugged the wires but the horn is still on. She must have a short somewhere ...

dmetalmiki

Should be an easy fix. The wire positive goes to the horn, through it, out to the steering column and is then Earthed by the horn ring. The resistance to Earth blows the horn. Check that power goes in to the horn itself, (And with the earth off (that is the other wire coming out)). Ground that terminal Anywhere ( With a long piece of wire) and it should sound the horn. Work back (or rewire) the earth wire from there. Thats what we did with ours.

Barrman

The wire for the horn ground comes into the column under the dash. Basically, right over the brake pedal. There is no grommet there and old insulation can easily rub itself off right there.

As pointed out already. The horn button on the wheel is just the ground. Power is already at the horn itself. So, the problem is somewhere between the horn and the button. The ground only goes through the firewall and into the column. So, if it isn't the button. Look on those two places.

RichM882

Well it is fixed now . The spring that positions the brush to the slip ring had worn through it's insulation grounding out to the metal part of the steering wheel. So I made an insulated insert for a spring seat, reassembled it and she now works perfectly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks