• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 855 to 8.3 Cummins swap

EricTheHoly

I have a m813 I pulled the engine and have a 8.3 I’m going to be swapping in I’m looking to make around 600hp and 15-2000trq with the 8.3. What do you guys recommend for building the engine? Also any ideas on different gears I might have to put into the truck? Thanks

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I have a m813 I pulled the engine and have a 8.3 I’m going to be swapping in I’m looking to make around 600hp and 15-2000trq with the 8.3. What do you guys recommend for building the engine? Also any ideas on different gears I might have to put into the truck? Thanks
It'll last a few months at that power rating

There is a 8.3l power thread in the hot rod section.

Gear ratios for the 5 ton Rockwell range from 4.10 to 11.26. Finding them isn't easy though.

Sell the 8.3 and nhc250 and buy a big cam and a 10spd and go from there. The 8.3l is a few ft shorter than a 855 so you will have to move a cross member in the front or the rear mounts which will move the shifter location. For the big cam and 10spd you would need new engine mounting for the sae 1 housing setup

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks