• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 brake line size

deuceman51

I need to get some brake line this week at NAPA and I don't have my M813 in front of me. Does anybody know what size the brake line is that goes from the airpack to the tee on the frame? I think it's 3/8, but I can't remember 100%. Thanks.

Autocar

I don't know what size that specific line is, but the rest of the truck is all 3/8 copper. If you are getting new fittings, make sure that they are air brake fittings. The air fittings have to be DOT approved and they are a different size than standard auto parts/hardware store fittings. The threads are the same, but the thread diameter is about .020 smaller on the DOT(Bendix Westinghouse, etc.) fittings and they have an extended nose to prevent vibration cracking. The hardware nuts screw onto DOT fittings because the thread pitch is the same, but they are very loose fitting due to the diameter issue. DO NOT MIX AND MATCH!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think he was talking about the brake fluid line, not the air line.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks