• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813: Swap voltage regulator on the truck or off the truck?

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the outside It looks as though I could replace the voltage regulator on my M813's alternator while installed on the truck but I'm not sure what I'll get into once the cover is off. Are the wires easily identified? Am I getting into a fool's errand by thinking of doing this while installed?

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the outside It looks as though I could replace the voltage regulator on my M813's alternator while installed on the truck but I'm not sure what I'll get into once the cover is off. Are the wires easily identified? Am I getting into a fool's errand by thinking of doing this while installed?
My 2cents :

I prefer to do my repairs off the vehicle on a bench or table that allows me to lay out tools and parts. That prevents accidental drop/loss of parts and its a LOT harder (not impossible, though) to forget tools in your engine bay.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I tried removing the voltage regulator with the alternator still mounted and I couldn't get the 6 O'clock screw out with a flat screw driver of any kind. If that screw had been an indented hex or torx or something else I think I could done the job while mounted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks