• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 Boom Jack value?

insanejecke

OK I have looked and looked but can not seam to fine this out. The big long Boom Jack for the M816, what would a good value be on a set?

Thanks
insane

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
On oddball items like this price is subjective......a lot of wreckers were sold stripped of TO&E items so they may be hard to come by.
There may be a MV graveyard somewhere that has a ton of them laying around or they ended up on a slow boat to China when scrap prices spiked a while back. You might try calling some of the major surplus outlets (Memphis, Southeastern, etc.) to see what the market is. If you can find a set cheaper you are ahead of the game. If not you just have to grin and bear it and buy from a dealer. PM CSMDavis in MS first and see what he has laying around...he did have some wrecker stuff a while back.

vtdeucedriver

He is right about the slow boat to china. I watched a set go with the pads get scrapped. I really thought about saving them but what was I going to do with a extra set.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Its hard to say. I have only used mine once or twice. They are in the way more than helpful. I would think scrap value would be a good start and then go up from there. I have one of the "feet" or "base" and I just wanted to see it go to a good home, so Swiss and I agreed on $50. Its not much but it would be a pita to fabricate one.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to make your day

I have a set of poles and feet that came off my M543A2. I'm right down the road from you. The poles are rusty but can be pulled apart. I'll take $50 for both poles and feet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks