• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 gun ring?? ?

insanejecke

OK as seen in the pic below did the m816 have a gun ring made just for them or is it how it was installed? I search and came up with nothing on the m816 gun ring? And what is the price range if its is a only 816 ring?:?:

And what are throes brackets on top of the marker lights are they factory or add on's and what is it? and if someone has a few laying around message me ill buy them and same go's for the small become light bracket.:p

m816 gun ring.jpg

gunboy1656

The M66 could be mounted on the truck just not done very often. Gun ring average about 2500 as of late.

And above the marker lights are called lollipop lights.

insanejecke

So the M66 will work just like that? and I wish I and the money lol and there lollipop lights ok so are they just markers or more beacon's? And is that there real name or just what everyone calls them I ask is because I never seen them before and its all stuff im learning.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yup, use a M66 ring and a standard set of legs. Also use the cab reinforcement plate. $2500-3500 is the typical price for a gun ring.

insanejecke

Thanks I was asking because I never seen a m816 with a gun ring other than that one and I did not know if it was special or something. Thanks guys and yes if I can get the funds I will be putting a gun ring on mine just because lol

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
... but did you notice the "air raid" siren (?) behind the air cleaner on the drivers side? Where was the pic taken? The indicator lamp on the Jeep also begs the question of authenticity as a whole. Were the 816 mods done as per military or later to satisfy a desired look.... ... .. .

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Couldnt delete the duplicate.. so I'll add.

If using standard gun ring supports, you'll probably have to rearrange/make alternative supports for rotating beacon UNLESS its a real early one - note the grille and used the red flasher next to the left turn lamp instead of rotating beacon(s).

Last edited:
That "816" has some interesting features as it's using the M543 grille rather than the rounded 816 grille; but it definitely has the 816 fender braces and a cummins in it - I think I have only seen a handful of wreckers with gun rings in pictures ranging from WWII to present day - not very common at all - but the ring was definitely fitted to them by the service (not quite as bad as when you see ambulances with gun mounts :p )

I am putting a M66 ring on my M543a2 and converting the spring seat on the passenger side to a bench seat so you can use the gunners platform...

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks